In France, surfaces dedicated to Events represent more than 2 millions meters squares. Taking into consideration this number for just one activity, it would be absurd to deny the significant influence, which it can have on the Environment. Built at times when there were not the same stakes, buildings and infrastructures often are not entirely adapted to the ecological concerns. However, it is possible to improve their environmental qualities while using clever ideas.
These “durable” equipments thus make it possible to preserve the cultural heritage of the building, while contributing to the economy of precious resources, such as water or energy. The Congress Centre Bordeaux Palais de la Bourse therefore wishes to show exemplarity by not occulting the consequences of its activities: progress should rhyme with responsibility. Our company thus decided to start its durable development strategy by adopting several behaviors such as:
• the optimal management of the energy resources in the entire building:
– by using LED type lights in the Bourse Atrium,
– by improving the insulation of every windows year by year,
– by using an air/water heat pump which absorbs calories of the outside air for both heating and hot water supply.
• giving a sense of responsibility to every internal and external collaborator:
– By suggesting in-house collaborators to limit their consumable purchases,
– by favoring the Green suppliers daily,
– by implementing energy control tools allowing a regular consumption analysis.
• willing to limit the production of waste:
– by re-using as often possible any furniture such as fitted carpet, tissues, wooden structures… brought by partners within the day-to-day activity,
– by launching collect of used batteries, glass bottles and plastic stoppers for Green and charity funding,
– by distributing a recycling garbage to each collaborator.